Wednesday, November 3, 2010

OPI's "Cuckoo for this Color"


November 3:

Yes, it has been a while since I have last posted, ah how time flies at the end of October. I promise many exciting manicures to be posted tonight to try and catch up. Perhaps since I've talked about Essie and OPI so much already, I'll just review the color :)

As for why I have been absent, a hockey game, birthday, knitting and midterms are to blame, but now I am back and oh how I've missed writing about my nail polish adventures!

Today I have an entry about OPI's "Cuckoo for this Color". This is a color that got a lot of hype online but wasn't exactly something that I would have tried on my own. For one it is a shimmer, and at the time that I saw it I was going through a Anti-Shimmer phase. I have since made up with shimmers, having realized that it was really frosty polishes that I hated.


CFTC is a really gorgeous blue based green with amazing shimmer to it. Even after seeing it multiple times in the store I was not convinced but decided to buy it anyways since it was on sale and as it turns out I was pleasantly surprised!

This color was so jewel toned that it really popped on my nails although it was a darker shade. Also it seemed to change between blue and green. I found this color to be very unique. I dont really have any jewel tones in my collection, though I have added some recently now that I think about it. This picture is sloppy and from a skittle swatch I did right after I bought the color, but it really shows how gorgeous the color is!

This next pictures shows the polish in the sun and it is still just as gorgeous. Sadly this manicure only stayed on for a day because I went out and bought Orly's "Space Cadet" and it begged me to paint it on my nails.
Over all I love love love this color. I have painted it on my toes since the manicure, and with a layer of China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" on top it seemed like a whole new yet still lovely color. I can totally see this being one of my winter shades as well because it reminds me of pine trees! Perhaps with China Glaze's Peppermint Cuticle Oil on top I can have a very Christmas smelling manicure. Yes, it is only three days into November and already I am excited for Christmas. Blame the beauty shops for having the holiday collections out...and gingersnap scented lotion!

Up next I will steal a bargain with a belated halloween manicure and N.Y.C.'s "Times square tangerine creme" and some stamps!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

No comments:

Post a Comment