Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Here come the Hawks...


November 16:

So let's just say that I enjoy hockey quite a bit. In reality I am obsessed with it! My favorite team has been the Chicago Blackhawks since my friend invited me to a game for her birthday. It was exciting to watch the players in the Olympics but more importantly watch them win Lord Stanley's cup!

The Blackhawks are actually what got me into my nail polish obsession because I started painting my nails with their colors to support the team.

This manicure I did on Sunday after having my previous manicure on for only 12 hours or so
because the Blackhawks were on a losing-streak. I figured to try and change their luck I'd paint my nails. It worked! They won, in over time, with a goal from Stalberg!

Here is how I painted my nails. The two jersey's are Jack Skille #20 and Viktor Stalberg #25, both of whom scored this weekend! Lets go Hawks!

To paint the feathers:

Pinky: 1 coat NYC Tangerine Creme 1 Coat Sinful Colors Cloud Nine for the base. NYC French White Tip for the lines.

Ring: 3 coats Sinful Colors Lets Meet for the base. OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue for the lines.

Middle: 3 coats Sinful Colors San Francisco for the base. Sinful Colors Lets Meet for the line.

Pointer: 2 coats NYC Madison Ave. (notice that I chose a red that is called Madison Ave. since the Blackhawks play at the UC on Madison Ave!) for the base. NYC French White Tip for the lines.

Jerseys:

2 coats of OPI The Thrill of Brazil for the base. 2 coats NYC French White Tip for the white. 1 coat Wet and Wild Black Creme for the lines. NYC French White Tip for the number.


Viktor Stalberg on my right hand. (1 goal against Anaheim Ducks)














Jack Skille on my left hand. (2 goals against Nashville Predators)
















And the players themselves:

Viktor Stalberg:



http://detnews.com/article/20101115/SPORTS0103/11150332/1128/Blackhawks-edge-over-Ducks-in-overtime

Jack Skille:



http://bleacherreport.com/gallery/Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Nashville+Predators

I have so much pride in my team, lets hope they do great on their road trip!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

4 comments: