Sunday, November 14, 2010

Belated Birthday Manicure


November 14:

Wow, where has this month gone? My classes end next week!

My birthday was in October, but I have not gotten around to posting a picture of my manicure so I figured today was the perfect day to do so. With the help of new stamping plates I was able to come up with a manicure that I absolutely loved. Unfortunately it did not last very long on my nails seeing as I had a bunch of events the following week and wanted to do separate manicures for them.

I painted two coats of OPI's Obscurity from their Go Goth! collection. This is a black matte and I am in love with it. Too bad the bottle is so small or I would use it more. Then I used Orly's Shine (a silver foil) for the stamp and the end result looks like chain mail!

I like the look of OPI's mini bottles but I hate the brush. Funny since I don't care for their pro-wide brushes. Actually the mini brushes have made me like the wider ones more. And of course I have nothing bad to say about Orly's bottle, brush or the like.

Since the base color was a matte it chipped a lot easier than normal polish but since I wore this for only a day that was fine with me. However, this was kind of messy to remove. The matte seemed kind of chalky and got all over my fingers.

All in all, I would do this manicure again! I love everything about it. I just need to find a black matte polish to replace this small bottle.

Until next time,

Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

No comments:

Post a Comment