Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Going Barefoot in Barcelona with OPI


November 23:

Alas, finals are upon us yet again. This has meant multiple manicures to stave off the desire to study, because thats what all sensible students should do...right? The end results have been fun, such as the Harry Potter manicure, and cheerful, like the Christmas manicure I have yet to talk about. This manicure, however, seems to be the perfect polish for my cold finals fingers. Barefoot in Barcelona, how perfect.

The color itself is from a previous OPI fall line and even if the name does not evoke images of crisp colorful leaves and chilled days, the color is just the right shade of beige to make me think fall.

There is just enough pigmentation in the polish to make it stand out against my skin, though I feel I could still place this in the mannequin hands genre. It is a sleek, polished, elegant color that makes me feel fancy and put together and I tend to dress up a bit more when I wear it.

Even though this is a "fall" color, I think the fact that it is a neutral will keep me coming back to it during Winter, Spring and Summer.

The formula of this color was great, only requiring two coats to be perfect, and since it was such a close color to my skin tone, the little bits on my cuticles were not noticeable.

Perhaps the best part about this color that it makes even nubbins look a bit longer. The neutral color extends the finger instead of drawing attention to the short nails (something I hated when I trimmed mine down). That does not mean that it falls flat as a color, it is simply perfect.

Well, I am off to pretend to review some more...the next time you hear from me I will be on winter vacation!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress


No comments:

Post a Comment