Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zoya Promotion Polishes



January 19:

I received my 3 free polishes this weekend but I didn't have a chance to do a manicure with them until Monday. The three that I ordered were Veruschuka (a pine green matte velvet); Yasmeen (A blue toned purple with gold shimmer); and Ki (A gray/green/purple duochrome).









Let me just say it is impossible to photograph Ki. She looks great on the nail and then you pull out a camera and her duochrome hides. You can see it a bit better in the skittle swatch above. The formula was pretty good, it applied fine in two coats but I did three just in case. The dry time was fine, but I guess it is to be expected since this is a 3 free formula. The finish is kind of frosty, I could see a lot of brush strokes, but it is not enough to drive me insane.

For some reason I always have issues with Zoya when I paint it on my nails. The first Zoya manicure I did was with Kym and I smudged it up so much I took it off, after 10 minutes of wear, and painted something else. Then I did Karina which was a bit better, since I had learned from the first time that the Zoya Wicked collection took extra long to dry, and I woke up with a few chips. Then I used Ki and again it chipped on my very very quickly. Also, it never fully dried on my pinky for some reason, even after 24 hours, so I took it off and now I am sporting O.P.I.'s "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ".

Even though I have so many issue with Zoya manicures, the colors are so nice that I am willing to try again. One Zoya I have not tried besides skittle swatching is "Kelly". The formula seemed much better so I am looking forward to it!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

No comments:

Post a Comment