Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Weekend of School: Nail Spam


January 9:

I seem to go for 5 days wearing on color and then two or three days constantly changing it. That happened this weekend. After a week of SOPI's "Sephora-212" and a bit of nail polish shopping, I painted my nails three times this weekend! It was fun, and I think I have settled on a color for the first part of the week. At first I was wanting a bunch of dark colors on my nails, but now I feel bright in-your-face polishes are going to prevail this week.


First off was three coats of Essie's "Demure Vixen" with knit stitches from my new Konad plate stamped on top. I used OPI's "William Tell Me About OPI" for stamping and the plate is m69. This manicure was supposed to inspire me to finish knitting a pair of mittens...it didn't work, but I love the manicure!












Next is two coats of Illamasqua's "Phallic". The name of this polish makes me laugh. This is a dark dark blue glitter/shimmer which you can barely tell here. It is more prominent in sunlight. Of course when I remembered I had this bundle monster stamp, which cannot being anything else but sperm, I had to put it on top. You may try to convince me it is just a bunch of balloons but I am set in my dirty ways. I used N.Y.C.'s "White French Tip" for the sperm stamp. Haha..."Phallic" and sperm. It looked kind of cute actually!








Lastly, I did a manicure with some polish I bought today. This is two coats of China Glaze's "Ick-A-Bod-Y" from the Halloween Awakening collection. At first I only bought "Mummy May I" back in November, but I was intrigued enough by this color, and it was on clearance, so I bought. I am so glad I did. This color, orange glitter in a moss green base, looked like it was going to be Halloween in a bottle. That is great for October, but not for the rest of the year. However, I decided to swatch it on my nails and I fell in love. The orange is more subtle on the nail and the base tones the color down even more so you end up with a great glitter polish. This was definitely a surprise seeing as I thought this would be my least favorite of the bunch.





On a very happy side note, while at Ulta today I ran across a never before opened lonely bottle of Revlon's "Perplex". It was just sitting in the Revlon Matte display saying "Look! Here! You finally found me!" It has been over a month that I have been searching for this polish and when I stopped looking it just showed up! Of course I bought it so it might end up on my nails later this week.

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

2 comments: