Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winter Pick-Me-Up Mani


January 22:

What better a way to combat the -0 degree weather than with eye searingly pink goodness? Winter is probably my favorite season besides fall, the two always compete for my favorite spot. Yet I was feeling so down with my manicures this week that I needed something bright, cheery and unusual to pick me up.

After a bit of contemplation I came up with this:

5 coats of China Glaze's "Shocking Pink". The formula makes me mad. I wish this was even a 3 coater, 5 is pushing it, but for this color it is worth it. Maybe I will try it over white some time soon. This polish dries matte so you will need a top coat and for some reason it likes to chip easily so I didn't keep it on for more than a day and a half, but that was enough to put me in a cheery mood.

Also, I wanted something besides just a plain manicure so I figured I'd add a stamp. At first I was going to stamp lollipops but for some reason fish bones seemed like a better idea. For the stamps I used O.P.I.'s "Ogre the Top Blue".

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

4 comments:

  1. looks great!! I didn't know that opi made stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Une Ruxi a Paris: Thanks! The stamps are actually from the bundle monster plates but I used the OPI to stamp :) "Ogre the Top Blue" is great for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie, you have gorgeous nails

    ReplyDelete
  4. @L: Thanks so much :) that's the best compliment!

    ReplyDelete