Thursday, January 6, 2011

First two manis of 2011!


January 6:

Surprisingly the first week of school has not kicked my butt. Yes, I have gone home with a headache almost every day, but it is nothing I can't handle. I had planned on doing multiple manicures to combat the first week stresses,
however the second manicure I did I fell in love with and I haven't changed it since Monday.

The first manicure I did was simply O.P.I. "Ink" and "Ink Suede" as a funky french. One coat of IS as the base and one of "Ink" on the tips and I was set for the weekend. Of course, I had to see what it would have looked like with a shiny top coat. Just as awesome apparently, though I am on a matte craze right now (I just ordered Manglaze's "Fuggen Ugly" and Zoya's "Veruschuka") so I think if I do this again sometime soon it would stay matte. IS lasted on my nails two days without any major chips, which I expected, but it didn't go satin on me either so that was a bonus. It made"Ink" more prone to chipping, and I needed a few touchups, but overall it was great.















(With top coat)



At first I hated this next color, then I was intrigued by it so I bought it, then I actually wore it and I fell in love! SOPI's "Sephora-212" is such a glorious polish, yet you could never tell from the bottle. I looked like a dirty brown holo/flaky mess, but it got rave reviews and I had never tried a flaky polish so I caved and bought it. Then it sat around for a bit while I was unimpressed by SOPI's "Worth my Weight". On Monday it was finally time for this polish to shine. Two coats was all it took. The holo glitter that looked overwhelming and out of place in the bottle evened out and added a subtle sparkle. The flakies complemented the dark golden green olive color. It reminds me a lot of nori (seaweed sheets used for sushi), anyone else see get that?

I haven't had the heart to take this off, I love it too much. Well that and it hasn't chipped so there has been no need to. I would have added this polish to my top 10 of 2010 if I had tried it last year, it is that awesome! Another bonus, it dries smooth. And it is so interesting to look at that it doesn't get boring. Perhaps this isn't an all year color but it looks so good I might just have to make it one!

That's all for now, hopefully I can get my top 10 designs of 2010 posted later today!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

2 comments: