Saturday, January 1, 2011

On Vacation With: Nail Polish Spam


January 1:

Happy New Year!!! I am back once again after a short break, this time I was in Boston visiting family. Hopefully this is my last break from blogging for a while. On Monday I start school so that means no more trips for 11 weeks.

Of course I have had many manicures since my last post so I'll just put them all on here.


First up is my actual Christmas mani. This was two coats of China Glaze's "Phat Santa" with N.Y.C. "French White Tip" stamped on top. I added crystals for effect. PS is a dream red! It looks like a jelly, but is opaque in two coats. Dry time was average.














Next is a very simple mani to counterbalance the Christmas manicures. This was four coats of O.P.I.'s "Bubble Bath". I love this sheer pink/nude enough to do four coats. I think it makes my nails look nicer than they actually are (sorry guys).













Here is two coats of China Glaze's "Frostbite". I have been bitten. This one actually makes my top ten list for 2010. I love how vibrant and electric the blue is and it was a great formula! I would have kept this one on for my trip to Boston but I didn't think it seemed very New Yearish to me so I took it off. This will probably be back on my nails soon.












This was supposed to be my actual New Years manicure. Metallic nails seemed the way to go. Unfortunately this didn't last because I got my nails don by my cousin in Boston. I am wearing three coats of Orly's "Shine" and "Rage" and O.P.I.'s "Glitzerland". These are really shiny with three coats and they all look great together.







Last, but not least, is what I am wearing now. This was two coats of Essie's "Luxedo" with one coat of CND's "Crimson Sparkle" on top. I love this combination so much! Luxedo is gorgeous and with CS I think it looks somewhat like O.P.I.'s "Tease-y Does It". This manicure was done by my 11 year old cousin, she is just as obsessed with nails as I am. That was a pleasant surprise!


Another big surprise was getting to see the O.P.I. Texas Collection in Boston! I happened across it while at a Beauty Supply shop with my aunt and cousin. All of the colors look great so now I am even more anxious for this collection to be released.

Up next I hope to have my top 10 colors and designs for 2010 posted so stay tuned for that. Happy New Year!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

No comments:

Post a Comment