Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cozying up with Essie's Angora Cardi


October 5:

Hello again! This morning I woke up to quite a chill, so I decided what is the best way to deal with cold weather is to throw on an angora cardi. Sadly I don't have one of those lying around, but I decided a trip over to Essie to paint on "Angora Cardi" was the next best thing.

How many times have I praised Essie's formula? Well however many it was, it wasnt enough! This time I decided to go out on a limb and leave the nail polish without a top coat. Let me repeat that... NO TOP COAT! This is the most outlandish thing I could have done when it comes to painting my nails, and yet I did it! This travels seemed to have made me more keen to trying new things.

Anyways, this was a two-coater for me, and that shine is au natural. This was such a beautiful purple dusty pinky mauve that it was absolutely perfect for the cold Autumn weather that has been greeting me in the mornings!

After three days of having this polish on, I found that it had started to wear a bit at the tips of my nails, but besides that, it was still shiny and had kept its color!

To my complete surprise, my nails were rock hard within five minutes of applying the second coat, and I'm not just saying that either! I received a visit from my mother, such a treat on these travels of mine, and with she had brought bagels. Mind you bagels are wonderful to munch on while relaxing on a Sunday morning, but they are a fresh manicures worst nightmare! All the hard toasted bread and garlic and poppy seeds, it was making me nervous. To solve the nerves, I simply polished off my bagel, then looked at my shiny new manicure and was pleased to find it was still shiny and new without a single dent in it!

The conclusion of my mini Essie expirement...win! Essie is long lasting, shiny, fast drying pigmented polish that looks great on the nail.

Oh and the clean up is a dream, for one who travels such as I do. I used one cotton ball, only one, to clean up all ten of my fingers. Tis such a small thing, but when supplies are crucial, these things make for one very happy nailventuress.

Well, my many travels to Essie have left me quite satisfied, and I'm sure I'll be back before long. Now, however, as I look over my map, I am reminded of times that happened in a land called "Far Far Away." Ah yes, it is to the kingdom where Shrek and Fiona rule that I seek out next. This time I am looking to brighten up these cold mornings with a fun green known as "Who the Shrek are you?" It shall be quite exciting!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

No comments:

Post a Comment