Friday, July 15, 2011

The End of an Era: Harry Potter Nails (Pic Heavy)


July 15:

I can't believe that the Harry Potter series has come to a close. I started reading the books when I was ten and now I am twenty. It was hard waiting for the last installment of the movie, however, I kept telling myself to enjoy this anticipation because that meant the series wasn't over just yet. Now I've seen 7.2 and it was everything I could have ever hoped for in a Potter movie...well it was missing Peeves but what were the chances they were going to include him after leaving him out for the other seven films. Anyone else think Peeves was the best character (besides Fred)? Anyone?

For my manicure, I painted images from all seven books as well as Harry Hedwig and Harry's scar.






Left:
Pinky- sorcerer's stone and mirror of erised
Ring- Tom Riddle's diary and the sword of Gryffindor
Middle- Buckbeak and the time turner
Pointer- the goblet of fire and three wands to represent the triwizard tournament
Thumb- Harry Potter

Right:
Pinky- Harry's scar
Ring- Voldemort's eyes and the Deathly Hallows symbol
Middle- the Half Blood Prince's book and the horcrux locket
Pointer- a Phoenix to represent the Order of the Phoenix and 13 for 13 Grimwald Place
Thumb- Hedwig

Anyone else go to the midnight release? I can't believe it's all over but I truly loved the last film and the whole series! Oh, I totally cried through most of the film and then got teary-eyed when the credits came up, good thing I had water-proof mascara.

Until next time,
Happy painting!

The Nailventuress



5 comments: