Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Chirstmas manicure!


December 4:

So I actually did this manicure during finals week to kick off the Christmas celebrations, but I haven't posted it until now. Good thing it is early December and not January when I am remembering it.

The reason why I am not posting another vacation manicure is that I still have on the Illamasqua Scarab mani. Can you believe it? I've lasted 5 days without one change to it, this is the beginning of a long and loving relationship. I am planning to get to Sephora sometime within the next few days and pick up a few new nail polishes, of course Illamasqua is on the list. From the feedback I got, I think Rampage is definitely one of them.

This manicure was pretty easy to do and looked great, though because of the glitter was a pain
to take off. I started off with two coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Hard as Nails "White On". After that dried I did one thick coat of China Glaze's "Party Hearty". The end result was a Christmas party on my nails. Perfect for those final hours of studying, right?

Apparently I had not used SH's Xtreme Wear polishes in a while because I forgot how awful the formula is. It was so runny that even though I liked the brush, there was no way to control the polish with it. It looked like milk running all over the nail. Eventually I worked out a system but it was still messy. On a more positive note, it was opaque in two coats which for a white is pretty good, and the dry time was fair.

The China Glaze glitter was great. It was not terrible to work with, the base was not too thick or thin, it was overall a great polish. Just when it came to taking it off I had issues because all the glitter seemed to grab at the cotton ball. I know I could try the foil method of removal but my nails beg me not to.

Up next I think I shall do a short post about the Illamasqua Scarab mani. Sometime today I will take off the polish and put on a fresh one, but for now I am still loving this manicure!

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I want to get Party Hearty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need Party Hearty, can you believe it? I think it's THE christmas lacquer musthave for this year.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @scarter305 thanks! It is definitely worth it. My suggestion is getting the party pack at sally's if you can. It's $10 but you get phat Santa jolly holly and party hearty!

    @Lois I always call this polish Christmas in a bottle! I agree it is THE Christmas polish to have :) So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute !!
    i have a giveaway come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete