Saturday, January 26, 2013

Netflix Ennui

26 January, 2013

I really like to have something on in the background when I am doing things.  Be it podcasts, radio, music, television shows, it doesn't really matter but I like it there.  Recently I've been on a Richard Armitage kick, (I blame The Hobbit followed by North and South) which has led me to some interesting shows on Netflix.  But I am still not satisfied.  Back when Doctor Who was all new to me, I was set for a few months.  I continued onto Torchwood and some other shows but it seems I've run out of things I truly am excited to sit down and knit to.  Sometimes I want to watch something rather than listen to it and I can't seem to find that something.  So right now I am settling for the original Star Trek series.  I figured, if I get into it, I'd be set for a while with all of the series to watch.  After all, I was raised by a Trekkie so I know the characters, I just haven't fallen in love with it yet.  This ennui has taken over my knitting time.  Instead of knitting, I spend time watching the first few episodes of shows to see if I'd like to continue watching.  I'm sure something will turn up but for now I am stuck in my Netflix ennui!

I am sporting a new manicure that promises to make up for the failure of the last one.  (Did I mention that after 3 days the polish went dull (which hasn't happened to for years) and chipped/peeled like crazy! Total disappointment!) This is 1 coat of Barielle's Berry Blue and 2 coats of Finger Paints Motley which is from their flakie collection.  That collection was so fabulous and I cannot believe I have waited so long to wear this polish.

I've also been somewhat productive on the knitting front.  My vest, which took up the first 3 weeks of January, is finished and now up on display in the local yarn shop.  I've also done a bit of spinning with some fiber I got from work.  It is absolutely gorgeous and I've no clue what to knit with it.


Hopefully this ennui clears up soon!

Until next time,
Happy painting and crafting!

The Nailventuress a.k.a. Melanie

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to stop lurking to say I love the new polish - you're inspiring me to start painting my nails again!

    I have a few shows to suggest: Sanctuary, Breaking Bad, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, Game of Thrones, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Legend of the Seeker, Jeremiah, & Jericho.

    I've watched all of these via Netflix while my husband travels. I haven't gotten through all of Breaking Bad yet but so far it's been good. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to jump in too!

    -Portlandia
    -Roseanne (hey it's a classic)
    -How I met your mother
    -Saturday Night Live (all seasons are on there)
    -Oddities
    -Storage Wars
    -Pawn Stars

    The last three are kinda mind candy but somewhat addicting. I didn't think I was going to get into them but I did! :-D

    ReplyDelete