Monday, December 6, 2010

On vacation with: China Glaze's "Shocking Pink"



December 6:

What better a way to celebrate a new layout then with a fun mani? After an hour or so of messing with Blogger this layout is what I came up with. I don't care too much for the background color but I like my header and the layout of the gadgets. When I get home I am hoping to get a picture up as the background.

Now for the mani. After I had taken off Illamasqua's Scarab I wanted to paint my nails with some polish I had brought with me. An internal debate followed and after a few minutes I came up with "Shocking Pink". This is a neon that I bought a while ago but I haven't tried until now. I wanted to do something fun and tropical seeing as in 9 days I will be back to full on winter.

Neon's are so much fun and I have not really worn them in the past, but I do own a few. Pink is definitely not one of my favorite colors but neon pink is a total exception. "Shocking Pink" is so in your face that the fact that it is pink seems to fade away.

This was three average coats and on my left had the color was perfect. On the right it was a bit streaky but I am sure I was the only one who noticed. Dry time was good, I could tell when the
polish was ready for the next coat after it matted. For some reason I have found that neon dry matte. (You can see what I am reading in this picture, yes I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic!)

The China Glaze bottle is one that I have seen used with other brands (Gelous Base Coat; Icing Nail Polish) but I like how it looks and it is easy to use. The Brush could be slightly larger, though it was easy enough to work with, and the wand is a good length for the bottle.

With a coat of Seche Vite on top I was ready to go...literally. This manicure was so clean after I applied it that I didn't even need to clean up.

Unfortunately, it was only on for a few short hours. I bought some new polishes that I wanted to try, and finally got my hands on Illamasqua's Rampage, so off it came. It was not a moment too soon though. While at the mall my nail polish chipped off in a large chunk on my right thumb. I could blame the polish but in this case I think it was from earlier in the day when I had to clip my nail to even out an edge. I am sure I will be wearing this polish again so we'll see how it holds up then.

Up next I will have a post about Illamasqua's Rampage. Let me just say that this polish is impossible to photograph. It is really one of those polishes you have to see in person, though it still looks absolutely gorgeous in the pictures.

Until next time,
Happy Painting!

The Nailventuress

No comments:

Post a Comment